Sunday, November 29, 2009

Heavenly Embellishments

Every so often, I just have to create something - anything with lots of joyful colors!

When the kids were growing up, I would buy volumes of beautiful silk flowers and then using my glue gun, I glued the pretty flowers to everything in the house that didn't move.  I even gathered 6-8' tall weeds and glued flowers on them to make large art pieces to hang on the walls with the vaulted ceilings.  Other flowers ended up being glued to picture and mirror frames and even others were glued to lamp shades, baskets (hanging or not), and even stacks of old books with ribbons for an antique effect. Our children were mortified!

But I found it soooo exciting! Everyday, I found something else that needed to have a glued-on flower!

Obviously, it looks like I've found something new to decorate and embellish! 


And, as you can tell, I'm having loads of fun!




Our INSPIRATIONAL FAMILY thought is by Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf :  "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.


Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.


Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children."


Here's the link to the slideshow that I created. (I removed it from our Home Page because it was taking so long to load because of the large images.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if mortified is the right word. Add it to "oh my heck is my blue and pink car next?? (and by the way, why do I get stuck with the blue and pink car?)" and that about sums it up. Thankfully, one day we ran out of glue sticks for the glue gun, and then I think the glue gun disappeared. Ah, memories...:)

bevanmission said...

Ha!See there is humor at the Resort! We'll bring up the memories of growing up here and you get to add the punchlines!...:)

Veda said...

Fun pictures! I laughed at the "anonymous" comment and wondered which kid it was :)

bevanmission said...

We're not allowed to identify our Anonymous Commentator; however, it would be fair to say it's a redhead!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message and let us know what you think! We hope you enjoyed your visit!