Sunday, September 12, 2010

If I Die Before I Wake

No! I'm NOT going to die! (However, I do try to make my Blogging a taste of my inner-testimony and faith in Jesus Christ, just in case.....)

Never-the-less, in my family's frustration with my illnesses all summer -  (kidney stones, hemorrhoids, more kidney stones, bladder infections, ear infections, sinus infections and allergies - oh, and don't forget all of my joints that simply dislocate and inflict never-ending pain and cripple my movements temporarily) - my husband and father, after consulting with various Ward members about my conditions, decided it was necessary to check my blood.
The pricking of Hollie's finger
After the confirmed promises that it wouldn't hurt, Errol held me down and Daddy used the Blood Tester from his diabetes kit (and of course, he first changed the needle so it would be clean and fresh.)

The first prick hurt like the dickens!  So much for the promises of a pain-free experience. Errol and Daddy squoze my finger but it didn't produce enough blood for the test-gizmo. Uh-oh! I knew what was coming next!
Another finger was going to be stabbed!

Daddy hit this poor little finger even harder! And again, they pushed, and shoved and squozed and eventually produced enough blood for the reader.

Surprise! Surprise! My blood-sugar was perfectly fine (92) and I don't have diabetes! (At least, not yet.)

Is there an amusing ending to this tale of torture?  Read on:  Daddy forgot to change the needle when he then had to test himself before eating lunch.  Is he worried about infection? death?  No.  He hopefully is wondering if now his blood will be infected with my blood and he'll turn into a genius!!!

Is there an INSPIRATIONAL FAMILY FOCUS with this post? 
 Yes! We find a thought that make us pause with-in the masterful teachings of King Benjamin concerning the mission and Atonement of Jesus Christ. The simple doctrine he taught caused the congregation to fall to the earth, for the fear of the Lord had come upon them. “And they had viewed themselves in their own carnal state, even less than the dust of the earth. And they all cried aloud with one voice, saying: O have mercy, and apply the atoning blood of Christ that we may receive forgiveness of our sins, and our hearts may be purified; for we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who created heaven and earth, and all things; who shall come down among the children of men” (Mosiah 4:2)

Elder David A Bednar explains " we find the twofold blessing of both forgiveness of sin, suggesting clean hands, and the transformation of our nature, signifying pure hearts.


As King Benjamin concluded his instruction, he reiterated the importance of these two basic aspects of spiritual development.

And now, for the sake of these things which I have spoken unto you—that is, for the sake of retaining a remission of your sins from day to day, that ye may walk guiltless before God—I would that ye should impart of your substance to the poor” (Mosiah 4:26).

Our sincere desire should be to have both clean hands and a pure heart—both a remission of sins from day to day and to walk guiltless before God. Clean hands alone will not be enough when we stand before Him who is pure and who, as “a lamb without blemish and without spot” (1 Peter 1:19), freely spilled His precious blood for us. ...“And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot” (Moroni 10:33)

May we seek through the Savior’s Atonement to have both clean hands and a pure heart, that we may become holy, without spot. He who is without spot redeems us from sin and strengthens us to do good and to become better."

6 comments:

Veda said...

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope things get better soon!

Carolyn said...

Your face looks like something out of a horror movie! Like you just saw a monster, dead body, giant spider, or Elvis!

Adam and Aubrey said...

HAHA! I love your face!, looks just like mine when I have hemorrhoids. haha. And just so you know, I think those "finger pricks" hurt SO BAD. I could seriously cry every time I get one.

bevanmission said...

@Veda:Thanks for the Well-Wishes!It can only go up from here!I figure it's really a secret ploy by the adverse side of things to try and stop my genealogy work.....
@Carolyn: Trust me! That finger-pricking is for the birds! (you know: Hitchcock's The Birds - pure horror!)A monster, Elvis's dead body, or the regular giant spiders that live here would have been preferred! Nice to know you read my Blog!!
@Aubrey: At last some empathy! Knew I could count on it from my sweet nieces!

Anonymous said...

just freakin lovely

bevanmission said...

@Anonymous: Thanks for the comment sweetie!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message and let us know what you think! We hope you enjoyed your visit!