Monday, October 11, 2010

BeDazZled Finds the Light

My nieces issued a 'dare', a 'double dare' and 'double dog' with Annonymous egging me on (she says I'm not allowed to publish her name), so wanting to be a good sport (and a favorite aunt) I give you my latest BeDazZled project, (which I thought my sweet niece was going to publish her original photo on her Blog, but she chose an alternate photo), so here's what I did:
 
Seeholzer Family BeDazZled in Space
 
The inspiration for this view came from the back light in the original photo. As I sat and pondered, I was truly smitten with the light shining behind them, and the more I looked, I found myself meditating about the Light of the World.
 
Our INSPIRATIONAL FAMILY FOCUS comes from a message by
Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles:
“Jesus Christ is the light and the life of the world.
All things were made by him. Under the direction and according to the plan of
God the Father, Jesus Christ is the Creator, the source of the light and the life of all things. …
“Jesus Christ is the light of the world because he is the source of the light which ‘proceedeth forth from the presence of God to fill the immensity of space’ (D&C 88:12). His light is ‘the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world’ (D&C 93:2). His example and his teachings illuminate the path we should walk.

… “Jesus Christ is the life of the world because of his unique position in what the scriptures call ‘the great and eternal plan of deliverance from death’ (2 Nephi 11:5). His Resurrection and his Atonement save us from both physical and spiritual death”.
 

5 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

I absolutely love this! Haha! It's great! Now that I know I have your permission... watch out!

Queen of the Castle said...

cool

bevanmission said...

@Aubrey: I'm sure you can do no wrong!
@my little girl: Thank-you, sweetie!!

Veda said...

I must say this is my favorite bedazzled picture. Great family photo!

bevanmission said...

Thanks Veda! It was a fun thing to do!!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message and let us know what you think! We hope you enjoyed your visit!