Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year’s Testimonies Jan 2011

P1020663
So here’s the deal.  Over 13 Million people, and growing at an exponential rate, so far have come to know that God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ are real, are two separate beings, and have tangible bodies of flesh and bones.  Also, we know, not just believe, that Joseph Smith was and is a true Prophet, Seer and Revelator who has restored the true Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Earth in these latter days, which was taken away in the early days of Christianity when all of the Original Apostles were killed off.
Just because we have said all this, doesn’t make it true.  The Gospel plan of Salvation and the Exaltation of Man to live forever in the Celestial Kingdom, can only be obtained by receiving the blessings Jerry and Gloria 2 jan 2011 happyof the Priesthood Ordnances by those who have been given the proper authority to do so.
Now, to make a long story short, you too can come to know of these truths by study and prayer.
If I am right, and you as a non-believer are wrong (in your beliefs), it will have Eternal consequences for you.  If you are right  and there is nothing true in what I have told you, then nothing is lost.  Therefore, you must at least talk to the Missionaries and let them explain how all of this came about.  Then, after you pray about it and ask if these things are true, I will have done my part.  I don’t want for you to come to me after we have all passed thru the veil into Heaven and say “why didn’t you tell me these things”.
This is my Testimony, that these things are true. --Jerry Atkinson

Gloria 2 Jan 2011




I know God lives and answers our prayers and I would like all my children to know this.
Sometimes it may seem like He doesn’t hear us, But He does and answers our prayers in a different way that is for our own good.

I KNOW Joseph Smith was a true Prophet. And I KNOW that the Church is true and I would ask my children and grandchildren to pray until they know it is true, too.

I know He has been with me all my life, through sickness and health.

And I can’t express my gratitude enough to HGloria and Hollie 2 Jan 2011im. --Gloria Atkinson



















I know that God the Father and Jesus Christ are resurrected beings of flesh and bone and that they did appear to the Prophet Joseph Smith in the year 1820 in the Sacred Grove in Palmyra, New York. I know that John the Baptist is a resurrected being and that he conferred the Aaronic Priesthood to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery in May of 1829. I know that Peter, James and John, who are also resurrected beings of flesh and bones, conferred the Melchizedek Priesthood on Joseph Smith and Olive Cowdery in June of 1829.
Errol and Hollie 2 Jan 2011 happy

I know that Jesus Christ, Elijah and Elias conferred the Sealing Keys of the Priesthood on Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery in the Kirtland Temple in 1836. I know that Book of Mormon is the true Word of God, translated from Gold Plates from the Prophets who lived on the American Continents from 600 BC to 400 AD, and the Angel Moroni is the Prophet who buried the plates in 400 AD and then as a resurrected being, he showed Joseph Smith where he had buried them in the Hill Cumorah in New York.
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Restored Church of Jesus Christ on the earth today. I know we will all be resurrected and then receive the kingdom of Glory that we have earned. I know Husbands and Wives can be married for ALL eternity by being Sealed in the Lord’s House (the Holy Temples) by Priesthood authority. I know God Lives. Jesus Christ Lives. And we have a true and living Prophet today, Pres. Thomas S. Monson. Joseph Smith was and is a true Prophet. I know if we keep the commandments and endure to the end we will have Eternal Life – the same that our Heavenly Father has. --Errol Bevan



The Spirit has touched my heart and borne witness to my soul that Jesus is the Christ; the Son of God, the Only Begotten of our Heavenly Father. I know that He is my Elder Brother and that I lived with Him and my Heavenly Parents before I was born on earth and that because of His Great Atoning Sacrifice I will live with them again.

 Jesus is the name of My Savior. He is the Messiah, the Creator, even Jehovah of the Old Testament. He is Wonderful, the Counselor and my Advocate with my Heavenly Father. He is the Prince of Peace, the King of Kings and my heart sings that I know My Redeemer Lives.
Errol and Hollie 2 Jan 2011 smirkHollie 2 Jan 2011 new year I have an eternal companion because of Him. I have a forever family because of His Loving Ordinances and Covenants that He has given us in His Holy Temples. His Gospel offers us the only sure way to know Him and come unto Him. I have followed Him into Baptism into His Church and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I can’t imagine being born into this world and not having the knowledge and blessings of His Restored Gospel and Church. With all my heart, I give Him my life, my devotion, and my adherence to walk in footsteps, to order my life in such a manner that I do what He would do. I will follow His Prophet, Pres.Thomas S. Monson and revere all of His Prophets, especially the Prophet Joseph Smith. I love ALL of the Holy Scriptures and have tried to assign my favorite verses to memory. But, I keep getting side tracked by reading and re-reading again and again the powerful witness of our Savior, that He is the Christ in the verses of the Book of Mormon. It is true. I know it and can say so in His name. Amen. --Hollie Bevan

7 comments:

Felicia said...

Thank you for your testimonies...especially yours, Grandma. I will make sure that my kids know of your request to pray for their own testimony.

bevanmission said...

Thank-you Felicia, for your sweet thoughts! Grandma shed some tears when she read what you wrote, so that was a very tender moment and gift from the Lord!

You should know that I insisted we take photos after Church last Sunday - spur of the moment, so none of us were prepared or had planned to have our picture taken. And, then I felt impressed to ask the others for their testimony so that I could post it with the new photos. At first, I encountered some resistance, as the others were timid of expressing their feelings on the Internet. I was expecting only a sentence or two. But, Great Papa said he was up at 2am and couldn't sleep and was pondering about what he wanted to say. I think the Spirit was resting upon BevanResort because of the abundance of resulting testimony from this experience - which has truly been a labor of love with tender mercies showered from above blessing us all!

Charlotte said...

Thank you for sharing. I could tell who had written each one, just by the style, before I even got to their names at the end. I appreciate you asking for Grandma and Papa's testimonies especially, since it's not something I've ever seen in writing before. Now I will forever have a copy of their testimonies.

bevanmission said...

Bless you sweet Charlotte! Without having explictly explaining the 'Why's' of the promptings I received for this post, you have stated it perfectly! Their simply stated testimonies have been a guiding influence in their lives and NOW we all have a copy to cherish.

Veda said...

Thanks everyone for sharing your testimonies. Ditto to everything that was said. You all express so eloqently the feelings of my heart. My spirit was touched----I know these things are true too. Love you all!

Carolyn said...

What wonderfull testimonies! Thank you for sharing them. I too have a strong testimony of everything you all said, and am so greatful for the Savior, his birth, atonement, & ressurection, for making it possible for us to repent of our sins and live with him and our loved ones forever! I love you family! Mom, you look lovely in your sweater and shirt!

bevanmission said...

What a blessing to share the love of our Savior's Gospel with my two sisters!(Veda and Carolyn) If only our brother would read these posts feel the Spirit's loving touch! If only he would feel the need to have his family united with ours in living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We can only pray that our heart's desires are felt by him and that musters the courage to act.

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message and let us know what you think! We hope you enjoyed your visit!