Monday, June 27, 2011

Almost A Repeat!

wasp-cartoon b

As I was moving the decorator pillows on the bed, my eye caught a glimpse of gold. Curious, I lifted the pillow and there was a HUGE wasp!
wasp
Quickly, I covered the wasp with the pillow and yelled for Errol who came to my rescue and quickly disposed of the intruder who was arching it’s back and preparing to sting.
wasp_sting
I shudder to think about the consequences had I not noticed that fleck of gold.  It would have been hiding in the very place where I would have laid my head later to sleep.

Our INSPIRATIONAL FAMILY FOCUS comes from an address by
Monson and WirthlinPres. Thomas S. Monson: To the Rescue
“Amidst the storms of life, danger lurks; and men, like boats, find themselves stranded and facing destruction. Who will man the lifeboats, leaving behind the comforts of home and family, and go to the rescue?
[To rescue, we must] acquire the language of the Spirit. It is not learned from textbooks written by men of letters, nor is it acquired through reading and memorization. The language of the Spirit comes to him who seeks with all his heart to know God and keep His divine commandments. Proficiency in this “language” permits one to breach barriers, overcome obstacles, and touch the human heart.
In a day of danger or a time of trial, such knowledge, such hope, such understanding bring comfort to a troubled soul and a grieving heart. Shadows of despair are dispelled by rays of hope; sorrow yields to joy; and the feeling of being lost in the crowd of life vanishes with the certain knowledge that our Heavenly Father is mindful of each of us.
I pray that all of us may sense our responsibilities and, as one, follow our Leader—even the Lord Jesus Christ, and His prophet —to the rescue.”

How grateful am I that I have been rescued!

3 comments:

Queen of the Castle said...

I'm not that close anymore so no more owies. I'm glad you're okay.

bevanmission said...

It definitely feels alot safer with having you in the same neighborhood!!

Adam and Aubrey said...

Oh geez Hollie! I'm praying for a wasp/bee free summer for you! Remember, constant vigilance!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message and let us know what you think! We hope you enjoyed your visit!