Saturday, June 25, 2011

Water Always Makes Things Better

“Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst” (John 4:14).
Water wheel d
Michael traded a few months of his portion for the family plan on our cell phone bill by making us this amazing water wheel.

Water wheel a
There is something soooooo incredibly comforting in listening to the sound of water!
Pure, life-sustaining water from a babbling creek makes us want to drink deeply from the Living Water.

Water wheel b
Water projects offer a significant improvement in the quality of life.
“In communities with numerous and wide-ranging problems, people always say that clean water is what they would like most.”

The Savior spent His earthly ministry in a time and place where people relied on wells for water. As He taught the woman at the well by saying that “whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst” (John 4:14), He was also teaching us that His gospel quenches—permanently—our most basic needs.

Water wheel c
I know that the well of living water the Savior offers us never runs dry and is pure and life sustaining. When we come to Him with an empty cup, He will fill it, often beyond our capacity to receive. He is truly living water, a manifestation of the love of God.

6 comments:

Carolyn Seeholzet said...

What an amazing water well Michael built! It's lovely. He is very talented.

Carolyn Seeholzer said...

ok I can't spell my name without my glasses on!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Carolyn! I knew it was you even with the mis-spelling! I'm trying to obtain additional water features, too.....Missed you this weekend. Have a great time with your activities!!!

Carolyn Seeholzer said...

Thanks we will, we are watching fireworks on the lawn outside of USU Fri. night so it's free, with KFC for everyone. Anyone reading this is welcome to come. We meet north of the field house. I hope you have fun plans to. I liked the awesome pictures of the wasps you found!

Anonymous said...

We love sitting on our front porch and hearing the sounds of water!! It's amazing how it calms us and even unites as a family!

bevanmission said...

I'm so glad you appreciated the wasp photos! I was trying to make sure that no harm to the wasp was displayed in any photo that I posted so that the Bug/Humane Society wouldn't be upset.

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message and let us know what you think! We hope you enjoyed your visit!