Wednesday, August 20, 2014

How This Choir Journey Began

Before I can go forward, I must begin at the beginning, four weeks ago, when I received a letter from the General Music Committee in Salt Lake City, Utah.
 
I remember feeling stunned with an immense sense of gratitude filling my entire being.  I was being called to be the Director for the Sat Aft session of General Conference at 2pm and would lead a 364 voice choir from 9 Stakes in Grantsville, Stansbury Park, and Tooele, Utah.  My heart felt full of love, wonder and awe! I was confident and nervous – all in the same breath!
 
The very first thing that I did after opening my letter – when I realized that I wasn’t laying on the floor, was to hobble over to Errol and have him lay his hands on my head to give me a Priesthood blessing. 

 At the time, Errol was recovering from emergency surgery to repair a ruptured artery in his sinus passages, causing multiple uncontrollable nose bleeds during the previous 2 1/2 weeks. He was on bed rest per the Dr’s orders, but thankfully, he was still able to give me a blessing.  After the blessing, a feeling a calming Peace surrounded me and I knew that heaven was close AND that the Lord would help me.
 
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Sweet hour of Prayer, that calls me from a world of care♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
 
It was at that moment, that I also felt impressed with a great need to plead to the Lord on behalf of each and every choir member, whom I had not yet met. 
 
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪In the name of Christ, our Savior, did you sue for loving favor as a shield today?
 
I knew right then and there that I needed to pray for them, with out fail, every day and night that the Lord would lift their burdens or lighten their loads so that they might be spiritually prepared to sing in our choir.
 
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪And since He bids me seek His face, believe His word and trust His grace,
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪I'll cast on Him my ev'ry care, and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer
 
This labor of love and prayers has caused me to weep with a constant joy that daily fills my heart!
 
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
 
My thoughts seem to be breaking into song at every turn! Don't forget to pray♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
 

 

 

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm so excited to hear your choir sing! What a wonderful opportunity for you to serve and lift others.

Lynn Smith said...

I am very excited to sing. Scared to death to have to memorize. Where do we download our parts to an mp3?

bevanmission said...

The Choir Manager is uploading the music for mp3 and most of those links are on the Choir Website! So happy to have you singing with us!!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message and let us know what you think! We hope you enjoyed your visit!