Wednesday, June 9, 2010

WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT?

Wouldn't you know that this month's First Presidency Message from Pres. Monson would include the following:      "To live greatly, we must develop the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and triumph with humility."   
  Knowing these words were sent from Heaven for us, we continue with Pres. Monson's declaration: " "You ask, “How might we achieve these goals?” I answer, “By gaining a true perspective of who we really are!” We are sons and daughters of a living God, in whose image we have been created. Think of that: created in the image of God. We cannot sincerely hold this conviction without experiencing a profound new sense of strength and power. "

Guess we all need to carry around an 'I Am A Child of God' scripture box:




mount it on heavy paper. Cut around the solid black line. Fold on the dotted lines to make a box. Glue the end flaps. Fold the top end flap to close the box, but don't glue it shut. Draw or glue a picture of yourself inside the blank frame. Read the scripture reference on each side of the box.




Cut out the scripture reference strips, and place them in the box. Each day choose a reference, and mark it in your scriptures. The scriptures will remind you who you are. Share the box during family home evening.



I am a child of God (see Psalm 82:6; D&C 76:24).



I was created in the image of God (see Moses 2:27).



Heavenly Father blessed me with a physical body. My body is a temple (see 1 Corinthians 3:16–17).



Heavenly Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to earth to help me return to Him (see D&C 49:5).



Heavenly Father gave me an earthly family to help me and to guide me (see



D&C 68:25–28).



Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ want me to be happy (see 2 Nephi 2:25).



Heavenly Father loves me and gives me certain talents (see D&C 46:11).



Heavenly Father gave me the scriptures so I can learn about Him (see D&C 33:16).



Heavenly Father listens to and answers my prayers (see D&C 112:10).



I can return to live with Heavenly Father someday (see D&C 78:7).



Because of His love for me, Heavenly Father—through Jesus Christ—created this beautiful world for me (see D&C 14:9).



I can show my love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ by keeping the commandments (see John 14:15).



Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will help me obey the commandments (see 1 Nephi 3:7).



I am trying to remember and follow Jesus Christ so I can live with Him someday (see John 14:3).



I lived in heaven with Heavenly Father (see D&C 93:29).



I am a child of God; my Heavenly Father loves me (see Psalm 82:6).



Heavenly Father has given me an earthly family (see D&C 68:25–28).



I live in a beautiful world created for me (see D&C 14:9).



Heavenly Father listens to and answers my prayers (see D&C 112:10).



Heavenly Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to help me (see John 3:16).





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message and let us know what you think! We hope you enjoyed your visit!